Legal / Website Terms / Copyright Policy
Legal Copyrights, Trademarks and Service marks
LISS Technologies retains copyright and/or applicable rights to all text and graphic images supplied on this site.
All trademarks and service marks remain the sole property of their respective holders. You may print copies of the information on this site for your own personal use.
You may not distribute any text or graphics herein to others without the express written permission of LISS Technologies, “mirror” this information on your own site without permission from LISS Technologies, or modify or re-use in any way the text or graphics on this site.
Copyright Infringement Notice
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by content hosted on the LISS Technologies network, please send a written notice to:
LISS Technologies, 15 Bryant Avenue, Roslyn NY 11576, Attn: Director of Compliance
LISS Technologies is committed to managing copyright complaints responsibly and in compliance with applicable laws, including international treaties and the laws of the various countries from which LISS Technologies provides its services.
In those circumstances where the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) is applicable, it is our policy to expeditiously remove content that is the subject of a correctly prepared notice under Section 512(c). We have included the elements of a DMCA notice below, and have also prepared some sample language to assist you in preparing a correct DMCA notice. We will forward your notice to our customer. It is our policy to replace removed content if our customer submits a properly prepared counter notice under the DMCA.
We encourage you to consult a lawyer before submitting a notice of copyright infringement. Copyright laws may allow a person to use a work in certain ways without the copyright owner’s permission. Please note that Section 512(f) of the DMCA states that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents in a DMCA notice that content is infringing shall be liable for damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by the alleged infringer.
Please write us at the address above if you need help understanding our procedures.
LISS Inc. (“LISS”) respects the intellectual property of others and we ask our users to do the same. LISS may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide LISS’ Copyright Agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
LISS’s Agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows, by CERTIFIED mail:
LISS Technologies, 15 Bryant Avenue, Roslyn NY 11576, Attn: Legal / DMCA Compliance Agent
We can accept submissions via e-mail to legal[at]lisstech.com, however, due to the nature of e-mail, we cannot guarantee that e-mail will be delivered. Thus, if you submit via e-mail and do not hear back from us confirming receipt within 72 business hours, please submit your DMCA complaint again via fax or mail.
To be an effective notice under Section 512(c) of the DMCA your written notice must include all of the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit LISS Technologies to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit LISS Technologies to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
Last Updated: March 2023